Abridged CVs and overview of Directors and senior staff
Our key consultants for this assignment are experienced consultants and professional trainers in subjects that are relevant to the requested assignments. We feel they are qualities of a capital nature that add value to the key competences of our firm as a whole.
• Mr George Fumbuka is a UK Chartered Certified Accountant and licensed by the NBAA as a Public Certified Accountant in Public Practice. He holds a master´s degree in business administration (MBA) from Scotland´s University of Strathclyde Business School. He was for 5 years (1976-1981) on the academic staff of the IFM, leaving with the position of Senior Lecturer and Head of the Professional Accountancy department. He has published widely in accounting and finance.
He worked in TANESCO (the national electric power utility) as Finance Manager and Director of Supplies and Transport before going into private consulting practice.
He has been CEO and Chairman of the of CORE since its founding. He is also the Managing Director of our sister frim CORE Securities Rwanda Limited.
• Mr Yona Killagane is another director of CORE. He is a highly respected accountant who has played a great role in developing the accountancy professional in Tanzania as a resource person, examiner and trainer in the NBAA´s professional development courses. He is currently (2004) managing director of TPDC (Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation), which he joined after 3 years (1975-1977) on the academic staff of the IDM Mzumbe.
Mr Killagane is a member of the Governing Board of the NBAA. He is UK Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), with an MSc in finance from the University of Strathclyde in the UK. He has authored authoritative books for the NBAA on financial accounting and accounting standards.
• Mrs Eva Fumbuka, one of the firm´s founding directors, is a specialist in energy planning obtained from Dar es Salaam Technical College and the University of Pennsylvania in the USA. She takes responsibility for all assignments involving the restructuring of users or service providers in the energy utility sector. She is registered as a Professional Engineer by Tanzania´s Engineers Registration Board. She has been with the Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) for over 25 year and has held such posts as Distribution Engineer, Zonal Commercial Engineer and Regional Manager Kinondoni North, the largest in TANESCO.
• Mr. Bonaventura Mlunde joined the firm in 2002 as Director with special responsibility for fixed income securities. He is a seasoned banker who has recently taken an early retirement after 24 years of work in various capacities at Tanzania Development Finance Company Limited (TDFL), in senior positions as Director of Project Supervision and Appraisal, Head of Business and (before retirement) Head of Finance & Administration.
Mr. Mlunde is a B.Com graduate from the University of Nairobi and a Fellow of the UK´s Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. He is registered by the NBAA in the category of CPA (T).
• Mrs Mary Kessy is Associate Director of our firm. She holds the CPA (T) professional degree and an MBA in Finance from the Institute of Finance Management in Dar es Salaam. She is licensed as an ADR of our company and manages our dealing activities with specifc responsibility for financial markets operations. She gives support to the Board in the field to ensure that assignments are completed and delivered within promised time and cost estimates, liaising with bankers, regulators and outsourced services.
• Mr Jonathan Swalala is Head of Operations. A certified Science schoolteacher, he is a also a SUA graduiate in economics and agribusiness. Holding the CMSA ADR license, he is in charge of all our day-to-day operations with specific responsibility for investment advisory services.